So now it has been TWO full weeks of drinking a gallon of water a day.
Constantly drinking water has become part of my natural routine now. I always have my 24 oz. Tervis Tumbler with me during the day. (Exception: I don’t take it out on errands, because I don’t want to have to pee in a public restroom if I don’t have to.)
Filling it up is the first thing I do in the morning (after peeing). I try to get the first 24 oz. down before I “allow” myself to have a coffee or tea.
I’m still using the Waterlogged app to keep track of my water intake every day– that’s the only way I know how much I’ve drank already. Once I get 3 glasses down and I hit 72 oz., I feel like I’m over the hump and almost done.
I didn’t cheat once this week– I hit 128 oz. every single time!
OH. And the big news…for all of my pregnancies, I have had protein in my urine whenever they check it at a visit.
On Thursday I had my first OB checkup since I started drinking a gallon of water a day. Guess what? NO PROTEIN IN MY URINE.
My doctor was amazed. The protein in my urine had stumped the practice, because I never had high blood pressure (meaning it’s not preeclampsia) and it wasn’t a kidney issue (because they sent me to a kidney doctor to be checked out and all was fine).
Turns out, I was probably just dehydrated this whole time!
Things I have noticed in the past week:
- My legs are less itchy. They used to be dry and I would scratch them a lot at night. I haven’t done that in a week.
- Other than a few sinus pressure headaches that I have been getting in the mornings, I haven’t had the typical headaches that would come out of nowhere. I now realize those were probably due to dehydration.
- Circles under my eyes are still diminishing even though I have struggled with sleeping more than 5-6 hours the past three nights. I don’t look as horrendous as I should! Which I think is visible in the above comparison pictures.
- I can see a little rosy glow in my cheeks now.
- Lips still more moisturized and readily accept lip balm without it caking off.
- Less dry, flaky skin on my forehead and chin.
- No pimples.
You can read my initial post, Operation Chug-A-Lug (Drinking a Gallon of Water a Day) here and my Week 1 Update: Drinking a Gallon of Water a Day here.