Well, one week has passed since I started drinking a gallon of water a day.
You can read my initial post, Operation Chug-A-Lug (Drinking a Gallon of Water a Day) here.
I have noticed some subtle changes (more on those later) and I have almost gotten used to consuming this much water each day.
I do have a confession…this weekend was a challenge.
I ended up 8 oz. short of a gallon on Saturday, and Sunday found me 26 oz. short of a gallon. Eek!
The problem: I was out and about, running too many errands, on long car rides, etc. Since I already have to pee all the time due to being pregnant, I was afraid to drink water before my long car rides.
So yesterday when we returned home from a trip to North Jersey, I had 74 ounces left to drink and it was 7:00 PM.
I drank 48 oz. before I went to bed at 10:00 PM and called it quits.
But I’m not going to let that happen again! I swear.
Using the Waterlogged app has been very helpful. Every time I drink a glass, I add it into my daily tally. I can easily see how much water I still need to drink for that day.
So after one full week of pretty much drinking a gallon of water a day, here is what I have noticed:
- My eyes aren’t dry in the morning.
- My lips aren’t as dry. Usually when I put on lip balm, I still have flaky, chapped lips even after applying anything. Now, the lip balm cures the tiny bit of lip dryness that I have and there’s no chapped lips underneath.
- I have cut down on caffeinated, sugary drinks. When you’re drinking so much water, it’s hard to find the time for other drinks. I do still have milk with dinner sometimes.
- I snack a lot less, because the water fills me up.
- Circles under my eyes are slightly less prominent. I’m looking forward to seeing how this changes after the full 30 days.
- I got a few pimples around Day 5, which is normal because your body is detoxing. (From what I’ve heard.)
Regarding weight loss, I do have a friend who lost five pounds after doing this challenge all last week. Kind of amazing, right?
Obviously, since I’m pregnant, that wasn’t one of my goals and I probably still gained weight this week as the baby grew bigger. But I haven’t checked. I’ll see when I go to the doctor on Thursday.
After One Week of Drinking a Gallon of Water a Day
Here are some close-ups of my face after one week of drinking a gallon of water a day:
I’m annoyed by these pictures, because it’s hard to compare them with the pictures I took before starting the challenge. I guess the lighting was different.
I’ll make a concentrated effort to take the next three weeks of pictures at the same time of day in the same light.
Here are the original pictures from before I was drinking a gallon of water a day:
So that’s my status update after one week of drinking a gallon of water a day.
How are the rest of you Operation Chug-A-Luggers doing with the challenge? I’d love to hear about any changes or see pics of your progress!
Read about Week 2: Drinking a Gallon of Water a Day.