I’ve always loved Real Housewives of New York. It’s tied with RHOBH for my favorite Housewives’ show.
The past two seasons got kind of silly with Aviva, plus there was the demotion of the Countess.
This season we have the Countess back on as a full-time cast member, Aviva’s gone, AND Bethenny’s back.
What more could a Bravo fan want?
Here are the Top 10 Highlights from the RHONY premiere last night…
10. Where’s Heather? She made a brief appearance at the “Gossiping About Sonja” Session with a hashtag joke and then…nothing. #Holla #WheresHeather
9. Kingsley can walk…and score touchdowns! Amazing. Even more amazing? Josh babysitting so Kristen can go out!
8. No Aviva. I repeat, no Aviva. Can we all just appreciate how wonderful that was?
7. Introducing Dorinda Medley! I liked Dorinda and her taste in Fendi bags that do not have a tongue sticking out of them. Not so sure about her taste in men, but hey, if he’s gonna dry-clean all my clothes for free…
6. I was intrigued to see what it would be like between the Countess and Bethenny, and it was legitimately legitimate. They didn’t pretend to be BFFs. Bethenny asked the Countess who she still hung out with and was genuinely surprised (as was I!) to hear that LuAnn had been living with Jacques for four years. Really?!
5. Sonja. First she tried to trump Ramona’s divorce pain. Then she tried to force Ramona to defend her and (LOL) tell the others what a fabulous businesswoman she is. Is she for real? At least Ramona had the sense to say “Not gonna happen.”
4. I didn’t love any of the new taglines. Nothing can beat Kristen’s (“But I’m pretty!”) and Carole’s (“At least check out my great ass!”) from last season. But I’m gonna have to give the Best Tagline Award to the Countess. “One should know…never count out the Countess.”
3. Six whole seasons of Ramona and last night was the most real and raw I’ve ever seen her. Thank goodness she’s finally opening up about Mario. Boy, what a dick!
2. Speaking of dicks, let’s talk about Jason. He is seriously still squatting in her apartment? After watching all Bethenny’s spinoffs, I feel like I spent the time renovating that goddamn place. We put a lot of hard work into that! Get the f*** out, Jason. You didn’t even pay for it.
1. And speaking of Bethenny, it’s pretty clear that this season is going to revolve around her. The season opened with her and spent a good deal of the episode on her story. And by story, I mean her businesses. We heard about her books, her cocktails, and how insanely busy she is. Here’s to hoping we get more than glorified product placements from her storyline this season.
So did you love the premiere? Thoughts on Dorinda? Love or hate Bethenny?
Image courtesy of Bravo.