This post may contain affiliate links. Read full disclosure policy here. Oriental Trading provided me with products for the purposes of this post. All opinions are my own.
Fun ideas to throw an awesomely spooky Halloween party!
With Halloween just around the corner, it’s time to start planning a fun little soirée for the kids!
My neighborhood likes to have a spooky get-together for the children each year.
Here are some ideas I’ve come up with to throw an awesomely spooky Halloween party!
How to Throw an Awesomely Spooky Halloween Party
2. Spiders, Spiders, Everywhere! Finding a surprise spider somewhere will always guarantee a scream…ask my kids. They like to hide one in my shoe from time to time. Putting out a bowl of pretzels? Hide some spiders in the middle. Put a few behind pillows on the couch. You can even float some in a bowl of punch! I also like to put these stretchable spiderwebs around the house and over the bushes outside.
4. Halloween Ghost Pops. Stick a straw into a marshmallow and then use a black food decorating pen to add on a face to fun ghost pops!
5. Eyeball Chocolate Pretzels. Another one you can have the kids help with– eyeball chocolate pretzels! Dip mini pretzels into melted chocolate and then add two scary eyeballs.
6. Spooky Masks. I love to have crafts at a kids’ party because it provides entertainment, plus they get to take what they make home with them. This is the second year in a row we’ve made these masks and the kids really enjoy them! Try these too.
7. Halloween Ducky Fishing. Throw all these festive Halloween rubber duckies into a big tub and let the kids try to catch them with a net…while blindfolded!
8. Frighteningly Fun Halloween Music. Make the mood complete with by playing a “Kids Halloween Music” station on Pandora or Spotify. My all-time favorite Halloween tunes are “Monster Mash” and the “Ghostbusters” theme song. WHO YA GONNA CALL??
For more Halloween inspiration, look no further– Oriental Trading has you covered.
Don’t want to give out candy this year? Check out this list of 13 Candy Alternatives for Trick-or-Treaters!