Disclosure: I received a box full of toy goodies for attending Sweet Suite. Opinions are my own. This post contains affiliate links to help support The Naughty Mommy.
One of the best perks of being a blogger is getting to attend TOY events! Playing with new toys before they hit the market and giving feedback on what I think my kids will or will not love is so much fun.
I’ve met lots of great brands in the past two years and I have tried to share the best of the best with you!
Recently I attended the famous Sweet Suite, which is the kickoff event (and highlight!) of Blogger Bash in New York City. Blogger Bash is a two-day event put on by Real Mom Media (and the fabulous Joey Fortman), TheBigToyBook.com, and Charlene Chronicles. Sweet Suite is the best place to get a holiday toy preview months before it’s even time to start shopping!
Lots of my favorite blogger friends were in attendance, there was delicious Zipz Wine flowing, and the toys I got a sneak peek at were awesome!
I say sneak peek because many of the brands were unveiling their newest toys that are just coming out now in time for the holiday toy rush. Yes, stores start stocking their shelves now in anticipation of what will be THE hot toy this holiday season!
Here is a look at some of my favorite toys from Sweet Suite…
1. GoldieBlox and the Parade Float: The goal of GoldieBlox is to get girls interested in engineering, build self-confidence, and inspire future innovators. As the mom of a three-year-old girl who is constantly turning toys over and trying to figure out how they work, I LOVE THIS IDEA! It’s about time that other toys are marketed towards little girls besides princesses and fairies.
2. Fisher-Price Laugh and Learn Smart Stages Chair: So baby can lounge in the recliner just like Daddy! Well, at least baby’s chair is interactive. Enter your baby’s age and the Smart Stages level changes as your child grows. This chair sings songs and teaches colors, first words, numbers, shapes, and more! There’s a whole line of Smart Stages toys that “evolve with age-appropriate learning content as baby grows.”
3. Green Toys Safe Seas Set: Well, I always love a safe toy made from 100% recycled plastic. Plus, Green Toys are super cute. My son has one of their automobiles that he has been playing with for months now, with NO wear and tear– it’s very sturdy. The Safe Seas Set comes with a toy and a copy of Joel Harper’s children’s book All the Way to the Ocean. At $24.99 on Amazon, this makes a great gift idea!
4. HEXBUG Aquabot: The Aquabot is a robotic fish that really swims! We put one in a fishbowl and my three-year-old was enthralled by it.
5. My Monopoly Game from Hasbro: Now you can personalize your Monopoly game to include your favorite people, places, and things! Connect with the app or the website to print out custom stickers to place on the board game pieces. I think this is such a cute idea for kids to do! How funny would it be to make the “Jail” space be “Grandma’s House?” Haha!
6. Doc McStuffins Get Better Talking Mobile Clinic: Because sometimes, Doc has to make house calls! Your child can pull the mobile clinic all around the house (or neighborhood) to visit various patients. There is a light-up siren that plays the Doc McStuffins song, plus lots of tools and a gurney inside! Not available in stores yet.
7. Lalaloopsy Bake Shop Oven: You can bet your bottom dollar that my daughter is getting this for Christmas so she can start baking ME cookies!! The folks at Lalaloopsy set out to create a kids’ oven that actually makes delicious dessert treats, unlike some other kiddie ovens. I am SO excited for this one!
8. Lil’ Woodzeez Family Treehouse: I was OBSESSED with these Woodzeez animals. Does anyone remember Maple Town? Woodzeez totally reminds me of that. Cute little characters with adorable sets to play in, like a camper van or an awesome treehouse. I want this to play with, and since these sets are sold at Target…well, it’s only a matter of time before I grab one on an impulse buy. It’s Target. You have to spend at least $100 every time you go in, right? (It’s the rule.)
9. Pulse Safe Start Scooter: I don’t know if my daughter is quite ready for this yet, but it certainly looks cool! It’s the first 3-wheel electric scooter designed for kids ages 3 and up. It looks sturdy, plus with designs like Sophia the First, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and Spider-Man, what kid wouldn’t want one?
10. Sands Alive: Trish and I played with this sand for a good five minutes at Sweet Suite. It felt like a stress ball! So soothing! You can mold this magical sand into hard shapes, but it is soft to the touch. It never dries out and is not messy. I have already purchased this as a gift for my nephew and he LOVES it.
11. Little Tikes Splish Splash Sink & Stove: This was another one of my absolute FAVORITES, if not my most favorite of all of Sweet Suite. My daughter always wants to “help” me wash the dishes, which results in a soapy, drippy mess all over my floor. Now she can have her own sink with a working faucet (!) and take it inside or outside to wash her own dishes. This toy is just adorable and I can see my kids getting hours of play out of it. This isn’t available yet in stores.
12. Smart Toys Bunny Peek-a-Boo: Children ages 2-5 build brainpower with this game. They select a card and try to build the structure to match the image on the card. I am so curious to see how my daughter does with this! We will be testing this product out in the next few weeks, so I’ll let you know!
13. Zoomer Minis: Want the fun of a pet without the hassle? Get your kid a Zoomer! These robot dogs play, change moods, and interact with you. And now they have the Zoomer Mini…”the perfect purse pup!”
14. The Beatrix Girls: These singing sensation dolls remind me of JEM & The Holograms…anyone?!
15. Elsa Interactive Wall Character: Calling all Frozen fans! Elsa lights up and talks to your child with her many fun, familiar phrases. Includes a remote control and can be used as a night light. Also available in Olaf, Queen Elsa with snowflakes, and more designs! Available in stores this month.
16. Care Bears: Care Bears are back and oh my goodness, they are so cute! I immediately wanted to snuggle with one when I saw them at Sweet Suite. Am I too old to sleep with a stuffed animal?! All your favorites are back: Cheer Bear, Funshine Bear, Tenderheart Bear, and more!
Which of these toys do you think your child will love this holiday season??