This post may contain affiliate links. Read full disclosure policy here.
Current events got you thinking of moving to another country? Here are some suggestions…
That’s so weird, right?
If you, like many of your fellow Americans, find yourself contemplating moving to another country on or around Wednesday, November 9, here are some wonderful suggestions…
Moving to Another Country? 11 Places to Consider
1. Canada. This seems to be the most popular choice, due to its proximity to the United States. This could be tricky, unless you already have family in Canada or fall into one of the other categories detailed in this Gawker article, “How to Move to Canada If Trump Wins.”
2. Australia. I’ve often fantasized about picking up and moving to Australia, especially since I learned about their strict gun laws. Silly little things like kids, jobs, and family have been holding me back. But now maybe the time is finally right to head to the land of The Wiggles and dingoes! G’day mate!
3. Denmark. Labeled as one of the happiest places to live by the book Thrive: Finding Happiness the Blue Zone Way, Denmark is another country at the top of my list. Corruption is low and citizens actually trust their government leaders.
4. Holland. Four seasons, lower crime rates, and AMSTERDAM! Here are some pros and cons of moving to the Netherlands.
5. British Virgin Islands. Live on a beach, drink local rum drinks, and enjoy a more relaxed lifestyle. Read this interview of a San Franciscan who moved to BVI.
6. Singapore: Good schools, it’s hot all the time, and there’s no gum on the sidewalks because it’s illegal to sell chewing gum. Read more on “Why Living in Singapore May (Or May Not) Be Right For You.”
7. Switzerland: A picturesque environment, great schools, but a high cost of living. This is how you make the move to Switzerland.
8. Cayman Islands: Amazing beaches, amazing food, plus no income or property taxes.
9. Dubai (United Arab Emirates): Tax-free salary, beach weather. But no vulgarity in public or you’ll get arrested.
10. Spain: Yummy food. Daily naps for grown-ups. Warm weather. And more!
11. Iceland: It’s gorgeous, they love books, and they were the first country to elect a female president. Learn more of the “32 Reasons Why Iceland is The Best Country Ever.”
Hey, you! Stick around. My spidey senses tell me you might be interested in one of the following posts…