My daughter has been on an Elmo kick ever since she was a year old and on a train kick since she was 18 months. She is now two-and-a-half and the perfect age to enjoy the Playskool Sesame Street Elmo Junction Train Set.
We were sent this toy to review and it is a huge hit in our house!
The set comes with train tracks, a train station, a tunnel, an Elmo train that makes noises, and a Grover taxi.
What I like about the Sesame Street Elmo Junction Train Set:
• The Elmo train and Grover taxi are included with the set. I hate when you have to buy additional play pieces just for your child to enjoy a toy. In fact, my daughter played with just the Elmo train by itself for a few days before we opened the train set.
• The Elmo train is interactive. When he rolls over certain parts of the track, he is triggered to talk or sing the alphabet song, a numbers song, and “Elmo’s Comin’ Round the Train Track” song. There are also fun sound effects.
• It is not tailored for one gender, as some toys are. I am confident that both my son and daughter will get a lot of enjoyment from this toy. My seven-month-old already likes to “play” with the Grover taxi and Elmo train.
• The tracks convert into a two-level roadway and railway. My daughter likes to play with it this way, calling it “upstairs” and “downstairs.”
• The tracks fold up (see picture below) to make storage easier.
• Setup was easy, and demo batteries are included.
• The price of $24.98 on Amazon makes it perfect for a birthday gift or special treat for your child.
What I don’t like about the Sesame Street Elmo Junction Train Set:
• Quite honestly, I have yet to find a flaw with this toy. We have been enjoying it for over a month now. I will update this post if I ever have any issues with the train set.
The Playskool Sesame Street Elmo Junction Train Set is available at toy stores and on Amazon, and is recommended for children 2-4 years old.
Disclosure: Hasbro provided me with the Playskool Sesame Street Elmo Junction Train Set for the purposes of this product review. All opinions are my own. This post contains affiliate links that help support The Naughty Mommy.