Disclosure: Links in this post are affiliate links that support The Naughty Mommy.
Did you know that the European Union has banned or restricted over 1,300 beauty product ingredients due to their potentially harmful nature?
Guess how many the United States has banned?
So while the women in Europe are slathering on face creams that they know are safe thanks to their stringent government regulations, we American women are playing Russian roulette each morning.
Are the toxins in my daily moisturizer causing my health problems? I hope there’s not too many unsafe ingredients in my kids’ shampoo…
From Beautycounter founder Gregg Renfrew:
Like many of you, I’m a wife and mom—and like many of you, I didn’t know what I didn’t know. As I applied sunscreen, lotion, and any number of beauty products on myself and my kids, I never thought for a second they might not be safe: After all, I thought, we live in a country that regulates everything. So imagine my surprise when I learned that when it comes to the personal care industry, that’s simply not the case. Companies are allowed to use known toxins—ingredients that have been linked to cancer, reproductive issues, hormone disruption—without telling us.
As I learned more—1 in 2 men and 1 in 3 women in the US will be diagnosed with cancer; that our children’s generation is the first that is sicker and may die younger than their parents’—I had to do something. So I started Beautycounter, a company devoted to progress. You’ll find a wealth of empowering information about ways we can all make the world healthier, along with products you can trust are safe. Because we all deserve better. Our vision is bold—real answers are never timid. Help us put truth back in beauty.
Beautycounter has banned 1,500 ingredients. Here is the company’s “Never List:”
I first heard about Beautycounter from my friend Claire. After learning about the mission behind the company and trying the products, I fell in love. I knew I wanted to be a Beautycounter Consultant and spread this message that beauty doesn’t have to come at the cost of your health.
For the past few years I have either been pregnant, breastfeeding, or trying to have a baby. As a result, I worried about the products I was using. There are so many of my typical beauty products that just can’t give me that guarantee that they are safe for pregnant women. Because the companies aren’t sure.
But Beautycounter is sure, because the products are all SAFE. Safe for pregnant women. Safe for breastfeeding women. Safe for kids.
Intrigued? Here’s a short video that explains a little more about Beautycounter’s message and product line:
Beautycounter offers skincare, body & haircare, a kids’ line, and sun protection.
So which Beautycounter products am I obsessing over? Here’s a few…
1. The Kidscounter Bath Collection: An effective, safe, and yummy-smelling way to get your kids squeaky clean. You can purchase the shampoo, conditioner, and body wash a trio or a la carte.
2. Kidscounter Shine: Play makeup for your little one that is 100% safe and non-toxic. The lip shine is a shimmery pink color and the nail polish is glittery and shiny- just what every little girl wants! Makes a great gift!
3. Glow Sugar Scrub: I’m always on the lookout for a good body scrub. This one has a mix of pure essential oils and real sugar to give you that a nice, healthy glow.
4. Rosewater Uplifting Spray: Talk about a perfect summer product! I spritz this on my face when I’m need of a pick-me-up. It’s better for you than that second cup of coffee in the afternoon, plus your skin gets a nice dewy glow.
5. Lustro Face Oil 1 – Calendula: A luxurious blend of seven radiance-boosting oils deeply nourishes your skin with antioxidants and vitamins. This elixir is concentrated, yet lightweight.
6. Every Night PM Hydrating Cream: Organic coconut oil, vitamins, and aloe work while you sleep to make sure you wake up looking fresh and hydrated…even when you get less than the optimal amount of sleep!
Do any of these products strike your fancy?
If so, head on over to my personal Beautycounter page to order.
Or would you rather have a more personal Beautycounter experience?
Let’s plan a social! You be the host, invite your friends/family/whoever, and I’ll bring products and refreshments. How about…
- A weekend morning brunch social. Coffee, tea, mimosas, croissants, and fruit. Maybe even a private yoga session for attendees before we try out the products!
- A weeknight wine and appetizers social. Some Sauvignon Blanc, fresh veggies and hummus, and smoked salmon pumpernickel bites.
- Or any other fun idea you can dream up!
I am definitely NOT a salesperson by nature, so I would never push products on anyone and I will answer all of your questions as truthfully as I can.
Yes, Beautycounter products are pricey. But high-quality, safe products backed by research and standards are going to be.
So browse the selection. Maybe even order a product or two to try. If you don’t like it, you have 30 days to return it. What have you got to lose, besides a few dozen chemicals?
Want to learn more about hosting a social or becoming a Beautycounter consultant? Fill out this form or email me: Lindsay@TheNaughtyMommy.com
All Beautycounter products are vegan except the Lip Shine, the Protect All Over Sunscreen, and the Peppermint Balm Lip Conditioner. For more information on this and other frequently asked questions, click here.