Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. Read my full disclosure policy here.
Pregnancy…it’s not ALL bad, right? Here are the Top 10 Perks of Being Pregnant.
While lately I’ve taken to complaining to anyone who will listen that being pregnant sucks, I would like to clarify that.
It really is not all that terrible…I’m just a complainer by nature. So in order to reassure some friends I have who are a bit worried about being pregnant for nine months, I’d like to offer this list of the ten best pregnancy perks!
1. Your hair and nails grow, grow, grow, thanks to the wonder of prenatal vitamins. Who doesn’t like that? Speaking of things that get bigger…your boobs. They get bigger. (I realize this will perk will only appeal to people who have small boobs to begin with. Like myself!)
2. You have nine months of waking up without a hangover. It’s a nice break for your liver!
3. People treat you like you are a special, fragile unicorn. Strangers will give up their seat for you, and you will be the center of attention at family functions.
4. Some stores have special parking spots right up front for pregnant ladies. Sometimes I even park there when I’m not pregnant. If anyone asks, I just say, “Oh I’m not showing yet!” and smile sweetly.
5. You have a legitimate excuse to not exercise. Yes, you should still get some form of physical activity in (if your doctor okays it), but no one will blame you if you suddenly fall off your six-day-a-week gym routine.
6. You get to claim “pregnancy brain” whenever you are forgetful.
7. There is a valid reason for you to go shopping. A LOT. For starters, you will need a whole new maternity wardrobe. Then there’s baby clothes, the nursery, etc.
8. Maternity clothes are awesome. Let’s be honest, who among us doesn’t love having a reason to wear comfy clothes? Maternity jeans with the full belly panel = no more sucking in your stomach!
9. Your partner will (hopefully) treat you to back rubs and foot massages. In my experience, this is limited to the first pregnancy. Grrrrr!
10. The best perk of all: EATING! There’s no longer a voice in your head telling you not to eat that extra cookie, in fact, the voice now urges you on…Have two more, the baby’s hungry!
So those are the things I love about being pregnant. Oh and you get a cute little baby at the end of it all
Did I miss anything? What did you love about being pregnant?
- Read 10 Sucky Things About the Last Few Weeks of Pregnancy.
- Getting ready to pack that hospital bag? You’ll want to read THIS first.
- Get the hilarious “Must Love Wine” e-book for only $3.99. Read it on your Kindle or your smartphone!