This post may contain affiliate links. Read full disclosure policy here.
Because no matter what happened on Election Day, this much is still true…
I am writing this post on November 5, a few days before the craziest campaign season I can remember will come to an end.
I wanted to write it now, as I’m feeling calm.
If I wrote it after the results of the election were announced and Hillary Clinton won, I’d be elated.
If I wrote it after the results of the election were announced and Donald Trump won, I’d be pissed.
So I’m writing it now.
Because no matter how the 2016 presidential election ended up, these things will still be true…
1. If we don’t like the outcome, we all still have the chance to vote again in 2020.
2. The sun will still rise each morning and set each night.
3. There is still plenty of wine left in the world.
4. And coffee.
5. It’s still almost time for the best part of the year…holidays filled with food and family!
6. There are plenty of great books to distract us with.
7. We still have Target! Can’t outlaw Target, can you?
8. Pizza, french fries, chocolate, and potato skins will still offer comfort.
9. A good run can clear your mind.
10. Netflix still exists.
11. People are still (I hope) inherently good. No matter who you voted for, no matter where you stand politically, I’d like to still believe that is true.
And hey, you can always move to Canada! Check out Moving to Another Country? 11 Places to Consider.
Image courtesy of Wikimedia.