Day 26 of The Melissa Gorga Experiment had the potential to be a disaster.
It was the start of a busy weekend for us, full of parties and travel. (For me, this equals stress, and stress equals fighting.)
Saturday we had my friend’s daughter’s 1st birthday party in Hoboken. Since we didn’t have to leave until 1:00, there was time for both of us to get some exercise in.
I ran a few miles, and my husband swam at the gym.
We made it to the party without any issues or fights. Both kids slept the whole way there and we had a pleasant conversation in the front seat.
(Actually there was one issue- I forgot my lip gloss. Not sure that is something Melissa Gorga would EVER do.)
At the party, I told my husband to relax and have a few beers and I would drive home. This is something that I NEVER do. It’s always assumed that he drives and I get to booze.
I decided to let him have some fun for a change, since I thought that’s what MG would do.
Afterwards, we dropped my two-year-old at my parents’ house and then headed home. The night was spent watching the Flyers (him) and addressing birth announcement envelopes (me).
Still, we were in the same room, hanging out by the fire. I even wore my nicest sweatpants. I think Melissa Gorga would’ve been proud.
Here’s something else I’ve been keeping track of over the past few weeks…
Ten Things I Never Would Have Said Pre- The Melissa Gorga Experiment:
10. Maybe there’s a hockey game on tonight we can watch.
9. You should go out to the bar with your friends. I’ll stay home with the kids.
8. You seem tired. Why don’t I drive home from North Jersey?
7. I saved you the last piece of apple pie.
6. I made you lunch.
5. You’re the boss!
4. You can pick the movie.
3. I’ll be back. I need to go shave my legs.
2. Joe Gorga says you have to make me pancakes.
1. Oh no! You’re out of beer. Let me run to the liquor store and get you some more.
Keep reading The Melissa Gorga Experiment: Day 27…