Key Lime Pie Recipe: Progressively Perfect Dinner Party
This post is part of the Progressively Perfect Virtual Dinner Party Blog Hop! Click on the links at the bottom of my post to hop around to other blogs that feature the rest of the dinner party recipes…appetizers, main courses, desserts, and even entertainment ideas!
Summertime in my house is party time! Mostly every weekend is spent either at the Jersey shore, in the Poconos, or having a barbecue with friends and family. And when the weather heats up, there is only one dessert that calls me to make it, time and time again…KEY. LIME. PIE.
Just writing those words makes me crave this deliciously tart and refreshing treat. It is a fan-favorite wherever I bring it. In fact, I usually have to make two pies, just so there is enough to go around.
But the best is when I make one just for my house…when my husband and I can take our time and eat the entire pie ourselves over the course of a few days. YUM!
So what makes this key lime pie so mouth-wateringly amazing? Well, for starters, it’s my mom’s recipe. She has been making it since the 1970s. It’s adapted from the Nellie & Joe’s Famous Key Lime Juice recipe and adds a homemade crust.
Sadly, I never even tried it until a few summers ago. (I don’t know what I was thinking.) But once I did, I was hooked.
Mainly because of the unparalleled homemade graham-cracker crust, which puts any ready-made crust to shame. TO SHAME.
Then there is the fact that you can’t use any old lime juice. It must be Nellie & Joe’s Famous Key West Lime Juice. (Visit their website to see where it is sold. My local Shop Rite sells it.)
Top that all off (literally) with delicious homemade whipped cream and you’ve got yourself a PIE!
To get the full Progressively Perfect Virtual Dinner Party blog hop experience, click the links below in order:
- Diapered Daze and Knights- Tuna Salad Rolls
- The Fabulous Food Fairy- Roasted Tomato Caprice in Garlic Bread Bowls
- Worthington Lower- Chili Layered Dip
- Chockababy- Sweet & Spicy Chicken Wings
- Life at the BAT Cave- Chipotle Shrimp Salad
- Life Without Pink- Homemade Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad
- Look What Mom Found- Dad Too!- Veggie and Pasta Summer Salad
- Real: The Kitchen and Beyond- Blackberry Melon Lemonade
- Giggles, Gobbles and Gulps- Moscow Mule Beer Cocktails
- The Vintage Mom- Kale and Zucchini Meatloaf
- Souffle Bombay- Lettuce Wraps
- the whole-y grail- Family Friendly Grilled Pizza 5 Ways
- Whatever Works- Spicy Sausage & Arugula Pasta
Coffee, Tea & Dessert
- An Opera Singer in the Kitchen- Dark Chocolate Cream Pie
- Will’s World- S’mores Frozen Coffee
- A Grande Life- No Bake Strawberry Icebox Cake
- The Naughty Mommy- Key Lime Pie
- Legos and Lattes- Vanilla Spiced Chai Lattes
- The Turnip Farmer- Vodka Gummi Bears
Decorations, Outfits and Music
- Crafty Garden Mama- Eco Friendly Entertaining
- Finnegan and the Hughes- Dressing the Kiddos
- Honey Badger Mom- Progressive Party Playlist, Playa!