Recently I was a little disturbed to find out that my daughter didn’t know who Minnie Mouse was. Or Mickey. Or any of the gang.
That was one of the most significant cartoons from my childhood. I set out to correct that when I agreed to review the Just Play Minnie Mouse Tickled Pink Plush.
The premise is that you tickle the Minnie doll and she will giggle with delight. Also, her hair bow lights up.
Perhaps because Minnie is all decked out in pink, polka dots, and bows, my two-year-old instantly fell in love.
She carries her around the house, attempts to bring her to daycare, and sleeps with her at night.
Now that people have their Christmas decorations up, she can point out the blow-up Mickey and Minnies to me as we drive by. “Hi Minnie Mouse! Hi Mickey Mouse! Bye Minnie Mouse! Bye Mickey Mouse!” she calls through the car window.
I have a feeling that Minnie is going to be one of those stuffed animals that stays in our house for a long time.
She would make a great gift for 2-4 year olds or anyone who is a Minnie Mouse fan!
Four-year-old Chloe loved Minnie Mouse Tickled Pink!
What I Liked:
• Minnie is adorable. She looks happy, is dressed all in sparkly pink and polka dots, and her hair bow lights up.
• Like all of the Just Play brand toys, Minnie is well-made from high-quality materials.
• The sound effects from Minnie are fabulous. Her giggle is infectious, and she sounds just like the Minnie Mouse on TV.
• There is a certain nostalgia that comes from your child having the same toys that you had growing up. It’s nice to be able to share my love of Mickey and Minnie Mouse with my daughter.
• There are no small parts and no choking hazards. She is perfect for taking to bed (and keeping the monsters away!).
• The Just Play Minnie Mouse Tickled Pink Plush sells for $20.98 on Amazon right now, making it a great price for a holiday or birthday gift.
What I Didn’t Like:
• It was a little too difficult for my daughter to actually tickle Minnie to get her to giggle…it’s more like you have to poke Minnie hard in the stomach. That being said, the recommended age for this toy is 3-6 years. When we brought Minnie to a friend’s house, the four-year-old had an easier time getting Minnie to giggle.
Update: Now that my daughter is three years old, she LOVES this toy and can easily get Minnie to giggle.
Minnie Mouse Tickled Pink Plush is available on Amazon.