This post may contain affiliate links. Read full disclosure policy here.
What happened on The Bachelor premiere last night?
I don’t know why I’m surprised by this but really, 40 minutes of background and filler crap before we got to Night 1 at the Bachelor Mansion?!
Was it necessary to hear from Nick’s little sister who is now too old to be playing the “cute lil’ sis” role?
Did we need to watch Nick hang out with three duds like Sean, Ben, and Farmer Chris? (Although Chris made some good cracks at Nick, I will say.)
But I digress. That’s what we get for signing on to yet another season of The Bachelor, I suppose.
So what happened on The Bachelor premiere last night?
What Happened on The Bachelor Premiere?
1. Notable entrances included a girl who ran up in her sneakers (a pun on Nick being the “runner up” twice), a girl who made Nick eat a raw hot dog Lady & the Tramp style (a major fail), 17 girls wearing red dresses, and a girl who told Nick she wasn’t wearing any underwear.
2. And then there was SharkGirl, not to be confused with Sharkboy & Lavagirl, a movie my kids are currently obsessed with. SharkGirl is also known as Alexis and she wishes she was known as DolphinGirl, even though her costume was clearly a shark. It did make for some laughs, though, and Nick told her that she had him smiling all night. (In pity, I would imagine.)
3. There were several references by the ladies to Nick being a very sexual person (a.k.a. he bangs a lot of chicks), so I would NOT be surprised if he is NOT waiting until the Fantasy Suites to dive right in there. No word on if there are any virgins yet…
4. Corinne reminds me of Stassi from Vanderpump Rules. That kiss was trés awkward. She basically shoved her mouth onto Nick’s mouth. In plain view of the other girls. Just to be able to say she got the first kiss. Was it worth it, sweetie? She is a little too confident for my liking, a la Olivia Caridi on Ben’s season. And look how that turned out.
5. Honestly, how could they bring back one of Nick’s drunken one night stands from a wedding?! That is not cool, Bachelor. If I were Nick, I would have been pissed. Also, does this chick not realize that every other girl on the show will absolutely hate her once they find out about this? Anywho, the girl’s name is Liz and she was Jade’s maid of honor at Jade & Tanner’s wedding. She slept with Nick, he supposedly asked for her number after their “wild and crazy” night, but she wouldn’t give it to him. Fast-forward nine months and here she is! Nick recognized her when she got out of the limo but wasn’t 100% sure so he waited to bring it up until they spoke inside the house. Awk.
6. Why do these girls get so disappointed by not getting the First Impression Rose? No one who has gotten the First Impression Rose has ever won The Bachelor...although didn’t JoJo give hers to Jordan on The Bachelorette? So maybe the curse is shifting. But what are the chances, really?
7. Nick gives the First Impression Rose to Rachel, who gets the second smooch of the night (although it was the first smooch initiated by Nick).
8. Danielle L. reminds me of Britt. That is all.
9. Nick gives roses to Vanessa, Danielle L., Christen, Astrid, Corinne, Elizabeth W., Jasmine G., Briana, Kristina, Danielle M., Sarah, Josephine, Lacey, Taylor, Alexis (SharkGirl), Hailey, Whitney, Dominique, Jaimi, Brittany, and Elizabeth (Liz a.k.a. One Night Stand).
10. There are no clear front runners yet that I can see, but the people who I like for Nick based on Night 1 are: Rachel, Vanessa, Jasmine G., Sarah, maybe Danielle M., and maybe Alexis? Too soon to tell, really.
As usual, the previews for the rest of the season look EXPLOSIVE but lead me to believe that Nick definitely proposes to one of the ladies at the end. It looks like Corinne and Liz cause some drama (obvi) and Nick cries a lot.
I’m so glad to be on this journey with you! Cheers to us!
Images courtesy of ABC.