If you recall, a few months ago I posted a list of the The Worst Real Househusbands of All Time…featuring such gems as Apollo Nida, Jim Marchese, and Slade Smiley.
Well, it’s not fair for just the liars and the cheats to get all the bloggy love from me.
So now it’s time to give props to the good guys. They may not all be total angels, but at least they won’t lie and tell you they have tickets to a state dinner at the White House and end up causing a national security panic. (Nice one, Tareq.)
May I present to you…The Best Real Househusbands of All Time, in no particular order.
1. Gregg Leakes, RHOA. Even though he’s pictured sitting next to Apollo, Gregg Leakes couldn’t be further from a sneaky, dishonest cheat like Apollo. Gregg’s slow Southern drawl and calm manner are the perfect match with hot-tempered wife NeNe. Gregg always has NeNe’s back, only gets involved in the drama when necessary, and he likes to drink his coffee from a toilet mug. Plus, he has some hilarious one-liners. What more could a gal want?
2. Herman Echevarria, RHOM. Unlike a lot of the other Real Househusbands that have appeared on Bravo, Herman is a legit businessman. He makes a ton of money, which is good, because wife Alexia has expensive taste. Not only does Herman take care of Alexia, but he took in her two sons (Frankie and Peter) when they got married. Herman is smart, too– he rarely appears on the show. Ever notice that most of the guys on the Worst Househusbands list are the ones who desperately try to get airtime on their wives’ reality shows?
3. Ebong Eka, RHODC. If you didn’t catch the one and only season of Real Housewives of D.C., then you missed out on meeting Ebong Eka. He wasn’t actually a Househusband, but a House-boyfriend of Lynda Erkiletian. Ebong is a gentleman and a scholar– a true class act (and handsome!). While no longer dating Lynda, Ebong is still in the limelight. He is a successful entrepreneur, speaker, and author of Start Me Up!: The No-Business-Plan Business Plan.
4. Christian Rovsek, RHOC. Lets start with the obvious– Christian is a hottie. He’s also abig strapping lad who takes the kids to the park so Lizzie can run her bikini business. He seems like a fun guy to drink some beers with.
5. Chris Laurita, RHONJ. Chris is mild-mannered, intelligent, and family-oriented. He is one of the most sane individuals seen on Real Housewives of New Jersey. Married to the sometimes crazy and always bubbly Jacqueline, Chris appears to be a loving husband and father. Hell, he even deals with Ashley’s shit, so obviously he’s a trooper.
6. Joe Gorga, RHONJ. Another good guy from Jerz. I wasn’t crazy about Joe Gorga in the beginning, but he has grown on me. He treats Melissa like gold and always supports her, plus he even stands by his sister Teresa when she’s in jail. He knows how to build a house AND drive a garbage truck. Also, he was super sweet when I met him at Melissa’s book signing a few years ago…inspiring me to do The Melissa Gorga Experiment.
7. Terry Dubrow, RHOC. Let’s just act like last season didn’t happen. Before the fame went to Terry’s head, he was the lovable goofball husband who also happened to be an incredibly successful plastic surgeon. His finest moments came when he was making zingers, usually at Heather’s expense. Bonus: he likes onion rings, so the man obviously has good taste.
8. Ken Todd, RHOBH. Does anyone not like Ken? (Well, besides Yolanda. “Don’t TOUCH me!”) Ken is everything that’s right about a Real Househusband. He is devoted, loyal, funny, wealthy, and has a devilish sense of humor. Also, that British accent that makes him pronounce names like “Lee-za” and “Maur-itz-io.” Ken is positively adorable.
9. Mauricio Umansky, RHOBH. Speaking of Maur-itz-io, he made the grade, too. Like Terry Dubrow, Mauricio has gotten a little too big for his britches this season (please shut up about your private planes!), but he’s still a charmer. So what if he doesn’t know how to do laundry? He is gorgeous, wildly successful as a real estate agent, and a family man. Bonus points for the accent.
10. Rino Aprea, RHONJ. Who would’ve thought there’d be room for another short little baldy from N.J. in my heart and on this list? But there is! Maybe it’s the fact that he can cook or that he’s funny, but Rino won over all the ladies of New Jersey this season. It’s a shame that his wife and her twin were so goddamn annoying towards the end of the season, because I doubt he’ll be back for the next go-around.
Paul Nassif, RHOBH. Anyone who had to put up with Adrienne for a wife deserves recognition of some sort. Plus, he’s partners in plastic surgery crime with Terry Dubrow, so that adds to his appeal.
Lenny Hochstein, RHOM. Being able to perform plastic surgery on your wife for free AND support her Birkin bag addiction…priceless!
Now check out the list of The Worst Real Househusbands of All Time!
Images courtesy of Bravo.