This post may contain affiliate links. Read full disclosure policy here.
Are you dealing with a case of the man flu in your house? Here are seven things to remember when dealing with the man flu.
Did you hear the news? Man flu is a legit thing. And women can’t get it.
That’s what scientists from Johns Hopkins University recently discovered.
So while we are lucky in that we can’t get man flu, we are unlucky because we have to deal with the man-flu. Spoiler alert– man flu patients are THE WORST.
Here is a list of seven things to remember when dealing with the man flu…
7 Things to Remember
1. Appetites will vary from hour to hour, even from minute to minute. First they tell you they aren’t hungry, then they whine that there’s not enough food in their lunch bag. And there’s the complaints that they can’t taste anything anyway, so it doesn’t matter what you cook for dinner.
2. Alcohol, especially beer, is generally well-tolerated by patients suffering from man flu.
3. Man flu typically clears up on the weekends. It is worst on Mondays.
4. Medicine is rarely used. Complaining is the preferred method of dealing with the man-flu.
5. It is not contagious. Women, especially busy moms, are always spared. They never get to experience the
joy misery of laying on the couch all day being waited on.
6. Sore throat = no reading bedtime books to the kids at night. Doctor’s orders! Mom has to do it.
7. Typical duration of the man flu fluctuates wildly from person to person. If a special sporting event or poker game is upcoming, man flu will generally spontaneously resolve itself.
So thank your lucky stars, because science has proven that women really can’t get the man flu!
We are truly blessed.
Want more of The Naughty Mommy? Get the hilarious “Must Love Wine” e-book for only $3.99. Read it on your Kindle or your smartphone!