This post may contain affiliate links. Read full disclosure policy here. I am a Feld Family Ambassador, and in exchange for my time and efforts in attending shows and reporting my opinion within this blog, as well as keeping you advised of the latest discount offers, Feld Entertainment has provided me with complimentary tickets to Feld shows and opportunities to attend private Feld pre-show events. All opinions are my own.
Check out this list of 7 Reasons You’ll Love Disney On Ice presents Dream Big!
Last week I had the amazing opportunity to take my daughter and her friend to see Disney On Ice presents Dream Big at Washington, D.C.’s Verizon Center…but it almost didn’t happen.
We have been hit SO HARD by illnesses this winter and last Wednesday was no exception.
My daughter came home from school that day with a horrendous cough. Then about twenty minutes before we were set to leave for the show, I made the poor decision to check her temperature.
MISTAKE! She had a fever.
I suppose a good mom would have cancelled the evening out and put her daughter to bed, but hey, I’m a bad mom so I gave her some Tylenol and we headed off to the show!
I just couldn’t disappoint two little girls in their princess dresses. And boy, was it worth it!
Here are seven reasons why we loved Disney On Ice presents Dream Big and why you will, too!
7 Reasons You’ll LOVE Disney On Ice presents Dream Big
1. The show incorporates all the Disney movies YOU loved as a kid! Maybe your kid is sick of Frozen and you’re worried he won’t like this show. Have no fear– ALL of the best Disney movies are incorporated into Dream Big…The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Tangled, The Princess and the Frog, Cinderella, Snow White, Frozen, and more.
2. Tickets start at just $20. This is a great price, plus you can find discount offers to make the deal even sweeter.
3. Every seat is a good seat. I saw the performance at the Verizon Center, which is a relatively small arena. The beauty of an ice-skating performance, however, is that every single seat is a good seat. There are NO bad angles, because the skaters are constantly moving around the ice.
4. The show is loud (in a good way), so you can feel free to sing along to your heart’s content! Okay so maybe my five-year-old didn’t appreciate me belting out Let It Go, but I didn’t care! This was my time to shine. Half the audience was singing along, but it’s so loud that you don’t have to feel self-conscious if you aren’t exactly Taylor Swift-caliber.
5. It’s a family-friendly atmosphere, so you don’t need to worry about your two-year-old throwing a tantrum or your baby screaming. This is NOT a Broadway play, so there is no pressure to be quiet or even be well-behaved. Kids were standing up, dancing around, spilling food, etc. during the entire show. My own child coughed her way through it, for which I sincerely apologize to those sitting near me.
6. There are fun special effects that the kids will love, like bubbles and fire. Bubbles coming down from the ceiling, flames lighting up the ice…there was a lot of oohing and aahing from the kids around me. The special effects were great!
7. The performance is entertaining for all ages. I wasn’t expecting to enjoy the show as much as I did. I actually thought I’d be bored. I couldn’t have been more wrong. I loved the show, as did the little girls, and I would not hesitate to take my other two kids the next time the show is in town.
It was a magical Disney evening and one we won’t soon forget!