This post may contain affiliate links. Read full disclosure policy here.
Thinking about watching “Stranger Things?” Here are seven reasons why you should!
Sometimes when I hear too much buzz about a TV show, it turns me off.
Maybe I feel like I’m being different by not watching it. Who knows?
So when I kept hearing about Stranger Things all summer (it was released on Netflix on July 15, 2015), I didn’t take too much notice.
My husband watched it in August and loved it. Recently, he started suggesting that I watch it. He even said that he’d watch it AGAIN with me…meaning it has to be really good.
I just finished the Season 1 finale last night and I can honestly say that Stranger Things is a must-see TV series.
Don’t have Netflix? If you’ve never been a subscriber, you can get a one-month free trial when you visit the website.
7 Reasons Why You Will Love “Stranger Things”
7. Your high-school self will enjoy reminiscing about those days of first loves, makeout sessions, and when you rocked a perm and “cool” 80s fashions. At its core, Stranger Things is about the relationships in a small town in 1983. Geeky boys gather to play Dungeons & Dragons in the basement, while teens shotgun beers and lose their virginity when parents go out of town.
6. It’s scary, but not too scary. My initial hesitance in watching this show was that it sounded really scary. I’m the type of person who can’t even watch a commercial for a scary movie without being terrified. But this show actually wasn’t so bad. Trust me, if it was truly frightening then I would have stopped watching.
5. The soundtrack is kick-ass. The Clash, Jefferson Airplane, Foreigner, Corey Hart…
4. It’s a reminder of simpler times, when Facebook and cell phones didn’t exist. Your biggest problem was missing curfew and trying to decide which weapon could defeat a demogorgon.
3. The acting is phenomenal. Where has Winona Ryder been all these years? If you told me preparing for this role, I’d have to believe you. She is great playing the mother of a missing child. Also great is David Harbour, who plays Chief Hopper.
2. It’s suspenseful & addicting. This short series is a real whodunit scenario, with lots of twists and turns along the way. I couldn’t wait to watch each subsequent episode.
1. It’s only eight episodes. It’s not a huge time commitment on your part, plus then you’ll be all set for Season 2 which starts in 2017!