This post may contain affiliate links. Read full disclosure policy here.
A preview of what’s to come for Season 8 of the Real Housewives of New Jersey…
I guess we can’t expect anything less from Real Housewives of New Jersey than lots of cursing and and trashiness. And I say that with love, because I am from New Jersey, too.
But really? Danielle Staub is back? Ugh.
In case you haven’t seen the trailer, here it is, in all its glory:
5 Things About That First Look at Season 8
1. Why, why, why is Danielle Staub back? There better be a compelling reason, because it seems sorta desperate to me. Last I checked, she wasn’t friends with any of these ladies. In Season 1, she had no purpose on the show other than to cause drama.
2. Who is Margaret? So I thought that maybe the new Housewife just wore pigtails in the trailer, but it seems that pigtails are “her thing.” Yikes. She is a little old for that.
3. Not buying the “She’s not a real Gorga” bit. I don’t believe that there is any tension between Melissa and Teresa, as the trailer would suggest when we hear Teresa saying that Melissa is only a Gorga “by marriage.” These two have actually been doing really good lately, and I don’t think either of them want to mess that up.
4. Siggy and Dolores are still kind of “eh” for me. I guess they are better than the twins from a few seasons back, but I really just wish we could have the old crew together again…especially if we are bringing Danielle back. Something tells me that Caroline and Dina were a big “Hell no!” about rejoining the show, though.
5. Why do they keep returning to Posche? Okay, so nobody likes Kim D. (Or is this Kim G.?) Right? So WHY do they return to her events year after year? Just stay the F home and maybe we could save ourselves all some secondhand embarrassment and hair-pulling.
Season 8 of Real Housewives of New Jersey premieres October 4 at 8:00 P.M. on Bravo.
Image courtesy of NBC.