This post may contain affiliate links. Read full disclosure policy here. Oriental Trading provided me with products for the purposes of this post. All opinions are my own.
Here are 13 candy alternatives for trick-or-treaters this Halloween!
Tired of contributing to the massive sugar overload the neighborhood kids will get this Halloween?
Be different this year and hand out non-candy treats instead!
Also, it’s a great way to include children with allergies in the trick-or-treating fun.
Did you know that by putting out a teal pumpkin on your doorstep you are signalling that you have allergy-free treats at your house? (Read more about the Teal Pumpkin Project here & buy your own teal pumpkin here.)
Here are my favorite picks for candy alternatives for trick-or-treaters, all of which are available for purchase right here from Oriental Trading…
13 Candy Alternatives for Trick-or-Treaters
1. Halloween Wiggle Snakes. Who doesn’t love these snakes? I remember them from my childhood and they are still just as entertaining!
2. Halloween Finger Puppets. These are bigger than you would think and they gave a bunch of three-year-olds a whole morning full of fun.
3. Zombie Finger Bubble Bottles. Possibly the scariest, grossest bubble container I’ve seen but my six and four-year-olds seem to enjoy them!
4. Glow-in-the-Dark Mini Sticky Tumbling Skeletons. Another hit at my house. Toss these at the wall and watch them fall!
5. Glow-in-the-Dark Sticky Eyes. Super gross to me, but my kids love them.
6. Mini Snakes & Lizards. For those who are into the creepy-crawlies. These are tiny, though, so are great for fillers for a treat bag.
7. Mini Halloween Skateboards. These cute skateboards are perfect for racing!
8. Mini Halloween Prisms. Fun Halloween characters on the outside provide a distorted view of the world when you peep through.
9. Mini “Witches Potion” Tubs of Slime. This slimy goo is a crowd-pleaser. Perfectly portioned to not make a big mess!
10. Plastic Spiders. These are a great inexpensive filler item for your trick-or-treat bucket, because kids will likely grab a handful.
11. Mini Pumpkin Stress Toys. Because eating lots of candy can be stressful!
12. Mega Bouncing Ball Assortment. Hands down, one of my kids’ all-time favorite toys is the bouncy ball.
13. Eyeball Bendables with Suction Feet. Stick them anywhere, but beware– they’re watching you!