This post may contain affiliate links. Read full disclosure policy here.
Here’s what we learned from Donald Trump’s first interview as president-elect.
Didn’t watch Donald Trump’s first interview as president-elect on 60 Minutes?
Can’t really say I blame you, but I was just too curious and had to watch.
In the end, nothing really shocked me. He seemed more subdued than he was while campaigning, but I feel like he may still be in shock that he won.
Here are 12 Things We Learned from Donald Trump’s 60 Minutes Interview…
12 Things We Learned
12. He still wants to build a wall, but will settle for a fence.
11. He says that the current laws on marriage equality are fine with him, since they are already settled.
10. He will appoint a pro-life Supreme Court Justice.
9. He is “going to think about it,” in reference to whether or not to prosecute Hillary Clinton.
8. He loves his social media following and says he will not stop tweeting.
7. Trump says Melania will be a terrific First Lady and will make a difference with her platform– to stop bullying on social media.
6. His message to those committing violence in his name: “STOP IT.” (I’m glad he said it, but the way he said it actually made me laugh out loud. I wish he would have said more or given a more thoughtful response to the question.)
5. He still doesn’t plan to release his tax returns, claiming that he is being audited and can’t. (The IRS has said it’s fine for him to release his returns during an audit.)
4. Yes, the electoral system is still rigged, according to Trump, even though he won. He would prefer the winner be picked based on the popular vote.
3. He says he will not accept the typical presidential salary of $400,000 per year…he claims he will take $1 per year.
2. He doesn’t want to repeal Obamacare without replacing it simultaneously. He will just do it better and for less money.
1. He wants to deport the 2-3 million of immigrants who are “criminals,” like gang members and drug dealers.