Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links to help support The Naughty Mommy.
Being a mom can suck sometimes. If you’ve been struggling with entertaining your kids during this hot weather and you complain about how much summer blows when you’re a mom, this post is for you.
I searched my brain to come up with a list of ten reasons why summer is actually EXTRA fun for moms! Cheers!
1. It’s too hot to use the stove and the oven, so I guess we have to grill. Oh and oops, I suck at grilling so I guess we have to wait for Dad to get home to cook dinner!
2. The ice-cream truck comes to my neighborhood daily. Now that I have kids, I’m not that weird 30-year-old out there waiting with my two dollars for a soft vanilla cone with sprinkles. I have kids standing there with me now, so I’m totally legit.
3. Summer used to mean hitting the beach with my girlfriends and sipping cocktails at Jenkinson’s in Point Pleasant. While that is a thing of the past, at least now we have a family membership to the pool. Now if only I could figure out how to get there one day WITHOUT my kids, then I’d be in heaven.
4. Refreshing cocktails are suddenly more acceptable on a hot day than if you were to stand outside with a glass of Chardonnay at 2 P.M. in the winter. Got a fruity drink? Pop it into a fun glass like this and sit out in the backyard with your kids at the water table.
5. Big Brother is on. I admit, I just got into it this season, but man is it addictive!
6. Speaking of it being too hot to use the oven and the stove, sometimes it’s even to hot out to use the grill. Do you know what that means? PIZZA!
7. It’s also the one season where it’s totally acceptable for your kids to walk around outside without shoes. Even sometimes without clothes. I hope. It is, right?!
8. You get to take your kids to fun places like Sesame Place or the water park. Yes, this sounds terrible to some people, but I swear– we went a few weeks ago and it was actually a lot of fun!
9. Being at the pool, catching fireflies, running around and getting sweaty in the backyard? All of those activities make kids TIRED. Like, time to go to bed at 7 P.M. tired.
10. ICED COFFEE FROM DUNKIN DONUTS. No more reheating your lukewarm mug in the microwave five times before you get to finish it.
I think that about sums it up.
The other parts of summer (mosquitoes, slathering kids with sunscreen, and it staying light out later) really do suck. But hopefully you can remember this list the next time you are about to have a meltdown and wish for winter.
Check out this list of 50 Summer Fun Activities for you to do with your kids.