This post may contain affiliate links. Read full disclosure policy here.
It’s all about the podcasts, baby…
Last time I made a long trip by myself a friend recommended I download the Serial podcast. I was skeptical, but something about listening to other people talking made the drive fly by. Also, it was a captivating podcast, so there’s that, too.
Since I’m embarking on a four-hour drive to the beach today, here’s a list of some cool podcasts to check out next time you head out on a road trip.
10 Best Podcasts for Your Road Trip
10. Serial, Season 1. I’m pretty sure most everyone has already binged on this one, but in case you haven’t, you MUST check it out. It is an in-depth look at the case of Adnan Sayed, a 17-year-old Maryland high school student (pictured below) who was arrested for the murder of his ex-girlfriend in 1999. Many people believe he was wrongfully convicted. It is fascinating. And when you’re done with Serial you can listen to Undisclosed, which delves even further into the Sayed case, including the most recent developments. This is not suitable for children’s ears, so it’s best for when you’re driving alone or with other adults in the car.
9. Freakonomics. Economists discuss everyday issues in a fresh, entertaining way. Previous episodes include “Why Does Everyone Hate Flying? And Other Questions Only a Pilot Can Answer,” “How Much Does the President Really Matter?” and “Are We in a Mattress-Store Bubble?”
8. The Longest Shortest Time. When you’re a new parent, the nights, days, and weeks can seem endless. (Am I the only one who hated the newborn stage?) This podcast reminds you that you’re not alone and that things will get better.
7. Bitch Sesh: A Real Housewives Breakdown. After you watch an episode of Real Housewives, you feel the need to discuss it, right? Casey Wilson and Danielle Schneider do just that each week. This one is strictly for the Bravoholics.
6. Pop Culture Happy Hour. Anything with the words “happy hour” in the title automatically grabs my attention, and adding pop culture to that just makes it all the better.
5. The Flop House. Listen in as three guys hilariously dissect bad movies, one episode at a time. I’m particularly interested in the episode that discusses what I remember to be the absolute WORST movie of my teen years…From Justin to Kelly.
4. Dear Sugar. For those who enjoy being a fly on the wall in others’ lives, have a listen as readers call in with their problems…like the woman who finds out that her new husband is not at all who she thought he was.
3. Storynory. Actors read stories that are designed to entertain kids 8-11 but are sure to delight the whole family, especially if you like listening to a British accent like I do! We tested out the Katie, The Ordinary Witch series on my five-year-old daughter. Conclusion? She loved it!
2. One Bad Mother. Less judging and more laughing is the goal of this podcast about parenting!
1. Mohr Stories. Jay Mohr interviews celebrities and dishes about his own life. I happen to have loved Jay Mohr ever since the ’90s so I enjoy this one. Plus, he’s a Bravo fan!
Click on the image below to pin this post for later…